STANDING RULES OF THE NEPWGA ASSOCIATION
Revised : February 2023
- ELIGIBILTY: Any individual in good standing in her member club’s women’s golf association
shall be entitled to participate in all NEPWGA tournaments and open days.
Player must have a USGA handicap index to enter any NEPWGA event. The handicap index
submitted on the entry form is the index that qualifies a player for the requirements of the
event. If the index should change when handicaps are uploaded to GOLF GENIUS for the event,
regardless the player met the requirements on their entry form.
- DRESS CODE for tournaments: tailored tops, skirts of proper length, Bermuda shorts, capris, or
slacks. NO jeans, short shorts, T-shirts, sun or halter tops.
- OPEN DAYS: It is required that each member club host two (2) open days per year exclusively
for NEPWGA members. Individual members wishing to play in any NEPWGA Open Day should
contact the hosting member club’s Pro Shop in advance of the date according to the individual
club’s schedule. Refer to the listing of open days for each club.
- NEPWGA TOURNAMENTS: Entry fees for all NEPWGA tournaments shall be established by
the Executive Committee. All NEPWGA sponsored tournaments will be limited to individual
members of the NEPWGA. Each member must have posted at least ten (10) eighteen (18)
hole scores annually (June 1st previous year to June 1st current year) to be eligible to play in
- Handicap -Team Events: If a club team does not meet the ranges of handicap classes for the event, a player may move up to a higher class and will assume the maximum handicap strokes allowed in that class.
- Absent Team Player: If a team is missing a player on the day of the NEPWGA tournament (without a replacement) e.g. ABCD, Team 123, or Prolady, the team will play the format without any adjustments or compensation.
- HANDICAP CLASSES:
A = UP – 15.9 C = 22.0 – 27.9
B = 16.0 – 21.9 D = 28.0 – 40.0
- NEPWGA INVITATIONALS (optional): Tournaments are held on a rotating basis among the
fourteen (14) member clubs of the NEPWGA. If run under the NEPWGA guidelines, these
tournaments are open exclusively for members of their club. Format for competition may include:
a. Better Ball of Partners
b. Two best balls of foursome
c. Ryder Cup format
d. Other options may be considered for play pending a majority vote at the NEPWGA
The NEPWGA Invitational tournaments may be open to non-NEPWGA members invited (only) by
the host club. These non-NEPWGA individuals must have a valid USGA handicap. The
tournament application will have a cut-off date, thus not to exclude NEPWGA members.
- SCORING: Score cards are to be marked with handicap strokes. Ties are to be decided by USGA recommended scorecard method. Matching the total scores of the back nine according to the
USGA recommendation if there is still a tie, total score of last six holes shall be matched, then
the last three holes. Should a tie still remain, scores on individual holes will be used beginning
with No. 18 and to 17, 16, etc.
- HANDICAP ALLOWANCES: All competition shall be played in accordance with the
recommended USGA allowances per the current year.
- RANGE FINDERS: USGA approved rangefinders and GPS devices are allowed in all NEPWGA
events. These devices may determine distance only.
- CELL PHONES should be turned off or put on vibrate only if urgent situations are expected and
not used except in cases of emergencies or extreme need or to request a ruling.
- WITHDRAWAL: If a player(s) have to withdraw from a tournament after the deadline, contact
the individual to whom you sent your entry. No refunds will be given except cart fee.
- PRIZES: ProShop Gift Certificates or NEPWGA gift certificates will be paid out to approximately
one-third of the field in gross and net categories in all flights; amount is dependent on the
number of entries. The number of teams or competitors will determine the number of places
paid in each category. Note: NEPWGA certificates must be signed by the recipient and the Pro
- RULES: All competitions are played in accordance with the USGA rules with the exception of
local rules which will be posted on the rules sheet the day of the tournament.
Additional Information On Specific NEPWGA Events:
ABCD Tournament– if a club does not have enough players to complete their foursome for
the ABCD , contact chair the Rep from another club or the tournament chair
for a player to complete their foursome (thus the team may have players from
more than one club for the ABCD. (4/27/2016).
Club Invitational Tournaments: the format of club Invitationals tournaments/event can be
determined by that club. Henceforth, the club event does not need to follow the NEPWGA
ProLady Format: the format of the ProLady beginning 2017 will be 2 best balls of foursome-
gross /net. (10/2017)
Couples Format: the format of the couples beginning 2023 will be played as a shamble with gross
and net prizes at 75% handicap. (10/2022)